Sunday 6 January 2013

THE STORY BEHIND THE TITLE!

The bar to the right of my house directly opposite Valluvar Kottam.


The bar to the left of my house.

The bar to the left of my house

Yes the blog is named TASMAC-you read it right and yes I'm a girl-you don't need to recheck my profile .It’s you who must be a NRI if you feel that a blog created in Chennai by a Chennai-ite should not be named after  " TASMAC-THE ALMIGHTY".Literally!

 I joined work this Tuesday and wanted to find a route sans TASMAC to my office but believe me I could find none. Majorly because there are around three TASMAC in the Valluvar Kottam high road alone-two to the left of my home and one to the right. I don't want to encounter a TASMAC first thing in the morning because firstly I can’t stand the fact that Chennai inhabitants keep falling prey to the governments yet another hideous avatars .(How many of you know that TASMAC stands for Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation and that it brought about a whooping 18000 crore revenue to our government in 2011-2012?) and secondly even at those early hours “free captives” are walking out of the shops ,some as young as me-who should be chasing their dreams and it really mitigates my belief in humanity early in the morning.

 ( All three photos taken at 9.30-10.00 am on  my way to work!)


Machi oru quarter sollen

I’m not talking about the eccentric Devdas types who are just distraught that girls are not their gadgets anymore and couldn't decide whether they are man enough to face up to them nor am I complaining about the so called hero types who feel that just because they have huge money, a production company and a wacko comedian friend they could get drunk to gather the guts to break into their ex-girlfriend’s wedding.

BOTTOM LINE:SORRY MR.RAJESH BUT NO OTHER WORD SUITS YOUR MOVIES THAN PATHETIC.HOPE THAT AT LEAST YOUR NEXT MOVIE CONTAINS LESS BARS AND MORE OF THE MOVIE.THANK YOU.


Nor am I pointing at the I-DRINK-THROW-UP-SLEEP-ALL INSIDE MY FOUR WALL types. I’m just worried about the “All of us are drunk now: let’s go gang rape a girl” types who sober up later to blame short skirts and uncultured women for provoking their innocent libidos.

BOTTOM LINE:IF YOU DON’T SEND YOUR DAUGHTERS OUT LATE BECAUSE THEY MIGHT GET RAPED,CHECK YOUR SONS TOO BECAUSE THEY MIGHT BE OUT RAPING SOMEONE.

Rapists make the entire community of drunkards look bad. I mean I had a certain respect for drunkards. They are just harmless chaps who beat up their mothers and wives occasionally demanding money for their egocentric obsessions.All the above has resulted in another drastic social affliction-ME WRITING A BLOG. Now what is that you’re going to find in my blog that you can find in a TASMAC?

1) Frankly there is going to be a lot of frankness and honesty which you can only find in a highly enlightened drunken monk.

2) Some may experience a lot of anger because when I’m frank I tend to say the truth and when truth is leaked, it makes people angry.

3) There could be a lot of emotions running high just like in a TASMAC where men hug each other after the first peg and bite each other’s ear off after the last!

Also I wanted the title to be a head turner. Every TASMAC in Chennai is a head turner. Men turn towards it wondering what side dish they are serving today –chili beef or mutton chops and women turn towards wondering whether their lost husbands are in there. It’s a sad decision to name my blog this way when it took the lives of so many people I knew. Had they lived they would have been not only a source of income but also a source of love, happiness, hope and strength to their estranged families.Though its obvious that I find TASMAC repulsive I name my blog after it because in India the things that we are scared to discuss about are the things that cause a great social threat.AIDS,TASMAC, cast-ism,unsafe sex,child abuse.......................the list is endless.

So cheers with you! I’m a very confused person (as confused as a person would be only after a full McDowell) and I’m going to make this blog a space to unload my confusions ; to be free to look at things with a clarity.

After all life in Chennai is a truly TASMAC experience!


4 comments:

  1. premier post of you is a true page turner.way to go.keep rockingg dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks to u Meera. u helped me create the blog .apparently my technical is not as good as my post.

      Delete
  2. Good initiative Priya!!!! Might seem daring to a lot out der.. But only we know how daring we can still get !!!!!! So rock on .. Get reminded that il b der to help u out in some scribbling business if u need....

    ReplyDelete